Beneath the Sky

Monday, May 29, 2006

Two left feet, but what spirit!

There are two kinds of people in this World - those who can dance and those who, no matter what, cannot.

I saw one of the second variety recently and was beyond amused, all my good manners went for a quick toss when I burst out laughing unable to control. This guy was like "bendy". He could bend all the angles.. which is good.. but this one did that all at once. All the bends, bending all at once. Is that even normal!

He was facing the Dj so i look up to see DJ's reaction. When I did, the DJ was, with his eyes closed, deep in his own world. Just then he opens his eyes and for a second or two I feel that his mix went off-beat! He was blown over. Kept his face down, pursed his lips and laughed in that position!

A cough like never before made me turn to my neighbour, the cougher. She apparently lighted a smoke and saw him, so she was laughing and coughing at the same time.

Then the dancer looks at me smiling and I am a bit scared coz he's really tall and lanky (we cant underestimate those varieties!). I laugh back. He wants to know if he can keep the water bottle on my table. I laugh "sure".

He stops then starts again, bending everything, all at once, all over again. Not a care in the world. After a while we were all enjoying it.

Reminded me of a time when I watched a Russian dance, pole dancing. The babe was so plastic that altho' she was a professional she was soooooo boring. Even the single guys were bored!

So here's to our dancer and his spirit!

2 Comments:

  • :)))))))

    Wait till you see some such people dance in Immersion ceremonies of Lord Ganesh in Mumbai....

    Its awesome!

    By Blogger Rupali_Srivastava, at 9:54 AM  

  • Ya really!? I have yet to see that. would be wonderful. heheh!

    By Blogger Ira Pradhan, at 2:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home